Sunday, June 20, 2021

BMES: Another Driving turn...

 
Hi all.. Been a while since I last posted anything from BMES so here's another post for you all.. Today saw me once again back down at the Riverside Miniature Railway in Burton-on-Trent on a driving turn. Today's turn would see me driving the club's Class 08 locomotive, a diesel outline battery operated locomotive. I arrived on site just before 10am, to find Dave and his wife Mel already on site... shortly followed by Mike and his Wife Paula, after signing in and a chat with Dave, Mel and Mike, Adrian & Michael arrived, with Paul not far behind them.
Pleasantries complete, Michael and myself proceeded to fetch the 08 out of the container assisted by Connor who had also arrived on site.... Being the first locomotive on the track has its advantages. I was able to complete several laps without issue, and before long I soon found myself handing over the controls to Connor for a couple of laps, while I rode as a passenger. 
After a couple of laps with Connor driving, I resumed my position as driver for a few more laps of the track. A brief stop between laps allowed for a photo opportunity, with thanks to Connor for the photo.. even if it was slightly out of focus.. ah well. Other locos on site included Dave's 0-6-0 Simplex Clementine as well as Paul's 7 1/4 0-6-0 quarry tank loco.
"Smile Now" (Pic - C.Harvey)
Sadly after a few issues with Dave's engine resulting in me and the trusty club 08 having to push him back to the steaming bay, Dave declared his loco a failure leaving just myself and the Club 08 and Paul's 0-6-0 loco giving train rides. 
After a couple more hours of running, Paul decided to call it a day, shunting the ground level stock back into the container before disposing of his engine, dropping the fire and blowing down.
After few laps later I also decided to call it a day, assisted by Connor, I began the task of packing the 08 away followed by the riding truck. The end to another fun enjoyable day. Cheers all, Jake...
Please note any views or opinions expressed in this blog are merely personal and do not in any way represent the views or opinions of any other person, group or organisation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment